The season of giving is upon us, and as always, Welby Way is looking for ways to help those in our community who may not be as fortunate as us. This year, our Student Council students have initiated a partnership with the Salvation Army in adopting several families to provide them food, clothes for their children, and maybe even make a holiday wish come true. Attached receipts to the items purchased. Money donations are welcome and will be used to purchase one grocery gift card. Our classroom will be collecting for a 11 month old girl named Mary Ellen. I've attached a google docs link, so we don't double purchase. Deadline is December 12. Please check out the link below. Thank you.
Last Day of School Hot Chocolate Party
On the last day of school before Winter Vacation, our class will have a Hot Chocolate Party to celebrate. We will be reading about the history of chocolate that week. Please sign up to bring something for the party by using the following link. Thank you!
- Reading and Responding to Fiction Text
- Except from "When I Went to the Library" from Treasures Text
- Reading and Responding to Non-fiction Text from TFK.com
- Language Arts - Figurative Language (similes, metaphors, personification)
- Root Words of the Week: -mob/-mot, -tract, and -tend/-tens/-tent
- Writing - Writing Fiction Piece #2 and LAUSd Narrative Writing Assessment
- Module 3 - Multiplication and Division (Lessons 25-29)
- Science - Continential Drift Theory and Weathering