Progress Reports will be sent home on Monday in the Graded Work Envelop. Please review the report and discuss it with your child. Sign and send it back to school by Friday along with the envelope and other papers. Thank you.
PICTURE DAY IS THIS THURSDAY! You will receive Picture Day Order Forms on Monday.
If you are interested in learning about the Odyssey of the Mind program at Welby, please attend the meeting on Monday at 2:45 in the teacher's lounge.
What we are Learning:
- ELA - Wonder by R.J. Palacio (Wrap up activities, Theme project, Movie vs. Text comparison)
- Writing - students will be starting their informational essays
- Math - Module 2 on Multi-Digit Whole Number and Decimal Fraction Operations (Lessons 4-12)
- Geography - Learning about the West Coast states and their capitals on a US map (last map)
- Social Studies - Finishing Explorer brochures and starting Unit 3 - The Fight for a Continent (Lessons 1 and 2)
- Word Knowledge - Finishing Vocabulary from Wonder and new STEM list #5
- Science - Lesson 2 (Water as a Natural Resource)
- Art - Watercolor art piece
- Other - Time For Kids (current event magazine)
Tests this Week
- Wonder - Final Test this Tuesday
- STEM List #5 - Friday
- West Coast Region - next Tuesday