CLASS ROSTER - Please add your information onto our class roster by following the link provided in your email last week. If you need the link, just let me know. We are half way there! Thank you.
Please complete the information sent home on Back to School Night and send it in your child's homework folder as soon as possible.
- Teacher/Student/Parent Commitment Pledge (yellow)
- Emergency Kit
- Emergency Kit insert with a current photo of your child (bottom
of the blue Emergency Preparedness Planning sheet)
- Manila Emergency tag (remember to put your child's name on the blank back side)
- Bottom portion of the LAUSD Parent Handbook
You will receive a Graded Work Envelope on Wednesday. Please look over the papers with your child and then return them by the following week. DO NOT keep the papers at home. We are building a portfolio with all our work and need papers to be returned to class. Thank you! Be sure to sign the envelope and let me know if you have any questions.
If your child has earbuds or headphones, please send them to class as soon as possible. I have headphones that were brought over from some 3rd grade classrooms, as well as parents who ordered new headphones this year.
Monday - Psychomotor
Wednesday - Music with Miss Staves
Friday - PE
- English Language Arts - We are wrapping up the novel Frindle by Andrew Clements this week.
- Frindle Comprehension Test - Thursday
- Vocabulary Test - next Monday
- Root Words - Unit 2 on -vis, -vid, -aud, and -phon
- Writing - Where do authors get ideas for writing?
- Grammar - Introduction to Figurative Language
- Math - Module 1 on Place Value (Lessons 11-14 and review)
- Social Studies - Lesson 2 - How is the Earth divided?
- Science - What is the Scientific Method?
- Health/Social Skills - Growth Mindset and how the brain works
- Art with Mrs. N - Monday
- Technology: Digital Citizenship, taking care of the iPads, Google Classroom protocols, Rings of Responsibility