- Field Trip Alert - We will be taking a field trip to Lawrence Middle School on October 24th. We will take a bus to Lawrence and return to Welby Way by lunch. Lawrence will show our 5th graders around and talk about life in middle school. We will be taking a walking tour to Hale this year as well. Please complete the field trip slip (coming home on Monday) by this Friday.
- Please remember to check the Class Dojo app to see how your child is doing and for reminders/updates from me!
- PALI CAMP - $50 commitment due this Friday, OCTOBER 11. Send $ with purple form to the office by Friday!
What are we Learning?
- Reading/Social Studies - How to read non-fiction text using our Social Studies book. We will study Native Americans of the US and students will complete a research project as a group.
- Math - Module 2 on Multi-Digit Whole Number and Decimal Fraction Operations. (Lessons 10-13)
- Geography - Learning about the Southeastern states and their capitals on a US map
- Word Knowledge - Word Stems List #7
- Science - Mystery #3 - Acids, Reactions, & Properties of Matter and Mystery #4 - more chemical reactions
- Writing - Planning our narrative stories
- Art - Cactus Art with chalk pastels and finishing the Wonder theme project
Tests this Week
- Stem Words List #7 - Friday... know the definitions and be able to provide examples of each stem word