- Return Graded Work Envelopes by Wednesday
- We need 1 more parent volunteer to come with us on Thursday to Lawrence Middle School. Please let me know if you can attend. We will be back at Welby by lunch. Thank you!
- Halloween Day Parade and Brunch - Thank you for signing up! See you on October 31st.
- Riley's Farm Field Trip - Please return the trip slip and donation by October 25th.
- Friday, October 25th - Mismatch Day
- We will be holding our first 5th grade Garage Sale on November 1. Students are invited to bring in their gently-used items to sell to their grade level friends for Bee Bucks. Price sheets or price tags must be done ahead of time. No food, candy, or stuffed animals.
What are we Learning?
- Reading/Social Studies - We will continue to study Native Americans of the US this week. Students will complete a research project as a group and present their research to the class. Presentations will be this Thursday. We will start our next novel, related to Native Americans, called Sign of the Beaver.
- Math - Module 2 on Multi-Digit Whole Number and Decimal Fraction Operations. (Lessons 24-28)
- Module 2 Expressions (on Google Classroom - Due this Friday)
- TFK - Discussion of current events
- Word Knowledge - Word Stems List #9
- Science - New Unit called Web of Life starts this week.
- Writing - Writing our Narrative Stories (stories will be due November 1st)
- Art - Cactus Art
- Poetry Assignment - details in class
Tests this Week
- Chemical Magic Science Quiz - Tuesday (We will review on Monday)
- Stem Words List #9 - Friday