What we are Learning this Week:
- ELA: Reading Phantom Tollbooth, as well as discussion, vocabulary, language, grammar, etc. with the Wit and Wisdom program. Students will have short comprehension quizzes throughout the unit.
- Stems #12 - new list
- Writing: Narrative Writing - Creating characters, setting, and plot
- Math: Module 3 on Addition and Subtraction of Fractions (Lessons 15-16) and start Module 4 on Multiplication and Subtraction of Fractions and Decimals (Lessons 1-2)
- Social Studies: Unit 4 - Life in the Colonies - review week
- Earth Science - Space Unit: Lesson 2 - Who set the first clock?
Tests This Week:
- End of Module Test - Wednesday
- Colonial Unit Test - Friday
- Stems #12 - Friday
- Please send an old plain sweater or t-shirt to school by Thursday of this week. Also, it can be stripped or have a graphic, but solid colors are preferred. Thank you. Send in decorations, ribbons, pom poms, and other crafty items.
- Friday December 7 - 5th Grade Garage Sale. Students may bring used items or make handmade items to sell. They will use Bee Bucks to purchase these items. Items should be labeled and ready to sell on Friday.
- Please look for an email from Misty some time this week regarding our last day of school party before Winter Vacation.
- SAVE THE DATE - December 12th - We will be singing in the Winter Sing! Come see us perform at 8:30 or 1:15. More details to follow.