Please return spring pictures. If you are purchasing them, send the payment, otherwise please return all pictures by the end of this week.
Send back grades work envelopes with a signature so we can send all new papers this Wednesday.
Remember that back to school night is April 28 from 6 o'clock to 7 PM. I hope to see you all there.
if your child is attending "Take your Child to Work Day" on April 28, please fill out paperwork and send it in as soon as possible. Thank you.
- English Language Arts:
- Novel Study on Esperanza Rising (chapters 2-3)
- Students will be working with new vocabulary words, answering discussion questions, and completing other activities in class and at home each week.
- Quizzes on vocab. and comprehension will be announced, but will most likely be on Fridays. Check the planner for specifics.
- On some nights, your child will be asked to reread the chapter at home to increase comprehension and prepare for discussions.
- Technology: Creating digital portfolios
- Writing various types of poems and creating a poetry book
- Math: Module 5 on Fractions (lessons 35-40) The End of Module test will be scheduled for the end of the week or early next week. Please check your child's planner for the specific date.
- Earth Science:
- Investigation 1 - Scientific method and mock rocks
- I-check (quiz) on Wednesday
- Social Studies: Unit 4 - Growth and Development Since 1850
- Lesson 3 - people coming to California
- Students will be presenting their California timeline event this week and next. Check the Google classroom for specifics. They will be asked to do a 1 to 3 minute oral presentation.
- Music with Miss Kristin Students should be practicing for the spring sing. Songs are in the Google classroom and can be downloaded. They also have a group project related to the history of jazz that we are working on in class and at home.
- Art with Mrs. Noel
- Graph Art
- Tree Scene with negative space
- M.C. Escher and tesselations