- Everyday is a minimum day, except Tuesday. Dismissal is at 12:33 and students will not have lunch at school. Please be sure to pack a snack for students to eat at recess.
- Check the conference schedule for your date and time from the email I sent a few weeks ago. Be sure to have your child with you during the conference. Conferences will be held in the classroom. I will send a reminder on Class Dojo.
Parent surveys will come home this Monday in an envelope. If you have two children at Welby, the envelope will be sent home with the oldest child. Please return the survey by the December 5th deadline.
- Thank you for your donations! If you can volunteer on November 15, please send in the orange paper ASAP as we are planning for the day.
- Everyone is welcome to attend our presentation in the auditorium on the 15th from 8:00-9:00.
- Have you planned your child's outfit yet? Check out sales on Amazon.com and other Halloween stores. See examples...
- ELA: Reading Phantom Tollbooth, as well as writing, discussion, vocabulary, language, grammar, etc. with the Wit and Wisdom program. Students will have short comprehension quizzes throughout the unit.
- Word Knowledge: new STEM list #10
- Writing: Writing a 8-sentence paragraph and starting narrative writing unit
- Math: Module 3 on Addition and Subtraction of Fractions (Lessons 5-8)
- Social Studies: Unit 4 - Life in the Colonies - covering Lessons 5 and 6 and working on Colonial Postcard Project
- Science and Engineering: New unit called Spaceship Earth ... Lesson 1 - Why does the Sun Rise and Set? and Lesson 2 - Who set the first clock? Mini-quiz at the end of each lesson.
Tests and other Due Dates:
- Mid Module Test on lessons 1-7 on Thursday
- STEMS #10 - Friday
- Colonial Postcard #5 - Due Wednesday