Progress Reports and Graded Work Envelope
This week I will send home the graded work envelope on Friday, January 13, instead of Wednesday. Inside, you will your child's interim progress report along with other tests, assignments, etc. You can keep the progress report at home. Please be sure to sign the cover of the envelope to indicate you have seen the report. If you have questions regarding academic progress, work habits, and behavior, start by asking your child. The end of the reporting period is February 24, 2017. Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. You will have another opportunity to sign up for another Parent Teacher Conference in March if you wish to meet again. Thank you for your support.
Field Trip News
Inside your child's homework folder, you will find the information for the Olivas Adobe trip. We are attending this trip Friday, January 20th. Please complete the permission slip and send in the donation by the end of this week. There are no restrictions on the number of chaperones we can take on this trip, so all parents are welcome to attend as long as you have been cleared from the office as a volunteer. The adobe does charge admission for every additional adult who attends. If you are interested in joining us, please send me a quick email or a note let me know, and then please send in an additional $5 donation with your child as well. Thank you!
- Reading - Informational Unit - We will be reading nonfiction articles and texts for the next few weeks. We will focus on how to closely read nonfiction text, starting with the life of work of Martin Luther King Jr.
- Independent Reading - Students should continue to work on meeting their individual AR reading goals. Keep in mind that students are required to read a minimum of three nonfiction books this reporting period.
- Writing - Informational Unit - We will begin our unit on informational writing this week. Students will learn how to write informational essays on various topics.
- Module 4 - Angle Measures and Plane Figures (Lessons 1-4)
- Science - Land Biomes
- Social Studies - Calfornia Missions and Ranchos