- Halloween Day Parade - Parents are welcome to join us on the yard for the parade which starts at 8:15am.
- Costumes - Students should come to school already in their costumes. If possible, they should have their school clothes on underneath. If not, please bring a change of clothes in a separate bag. All students should still wear regular school shoes.
- Treats - Some students asked me if they can bring treats or cards for their classmates for Halloween. If you wish to do so, please send something small as most kids will be trick or treating at night. You can send cards, pencils, stickers, fruit, snacks, etc. This is totally voluntarily and not a requirement.
Science Center Field Trip News - Please return your trip slips and donations as soon as possible. Also, if you wish to chaperone, please complete the form on the back of the blue sheet as well.
- Reading and Responding to Fiction Text
- Final test on Who was Steve Jobs? by Pam Pollack on Thursday.
- We will be reading fiction texts in our Treasures anthology textbook for the next 6 weeks or so. Each week, we will read and study a different text. This week we will read a snippet from the novel "A Cricket in Times Square" by George Selden.
- Reading and Responding to Non-fiction Text - Earth's Cleaning Crew
- Language Arts - Figurative Language (similes and metaphors)
- Root Words of the Week -scrib/-script, -graph/-gram, and -dict
- Writing - Revising and Publishing our personal narratives
- Module 3 - Multiplication and Division (Lessons 12-16)
- Mid-Module Assessment (covers lessons 1-13) on Wednesday
- "Halloween Bash" Project
- Science - Investigation #3 - Weathering, Deposition, and Erosion
- Social Studies
- Basic Geography and Mapping
- California's 4 Regions group project